Cream cheese filling
250g cream cheese
200g whipping cream or heavy cream
1tbsp gelatin powder
60g icing sugar, sifted
1. Sprinkle gelatin over the water in a bowl, stand the bowl over a pan of simmering hot water till dissolved and clear liquid.
2. Beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Using the same mixer, beat whipping cream till soft peak.
3. Fold in whipped whipping cream and gelatine into cream cheese mixture, mix till smooth.
80ml expresso (chilled)
1. Mix chilled espresso with Kahlua in a small mixing bowl, set aside
Abt 100-130g almond flakes and pumpkin seeds, toasted (170c for around 5-7mins)
100-120 g sugar
1. Line a non-stick baking paper on a flat tray.
2. Place sugar in a small, heavy bottom saucepan set over low heat.
3. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sugar melts and turns a golden brown.
4. Add almonds, stir to coat all evenly. Remove from heat and tip onto prepared tray.
5. Leave to cool and set before crushing almonds.
6. Store in air-tight container jar until ready to use.
Basic Plain Sponge Cake
(recipe source: by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)
*make a 7” round cake (with removable bottom cake pan)
4 egg yolks (large)
20g caster sugar
50g corn oil
1/2tsp vanilla extract ( I use Cointreau )
100g cake flour
4 egg white (large)
1/4tsp lemon juices or 1/4tsp cream of tartar
60g caster sugar
1. Lightly whisk egg yolk with sugar.
2. Add in corn oil and milk, stir to combine.
3. Add in cake flour, mix well, set aside.
4. Add lemon juices into egg white, beat till foamy.
5. Gradually add in sugar, beat till stiff peaks (十分发 / 硬性发泡)~ (hand mixer speed 3 takes about 5mins)
6. Take 1/3 portion of egg white mixture and use hand whisk to mix with egg yolk mixture till light.
7. Fold the balance of egg white mixture into egg yolk mixture, combine well.
8. Pour batter into the pan (don’t need to line with paper but you can also line paper but use normal baking paper, also don’t use a non-stick pan), bake at pre-heated oven at 140c for 30mins (at lower rack, i place 2nd rack from lowest), then increase to 170C and continue to bake for 25-30mins.
Note : modify recipe from Nasilemaklover