- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmet
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Abt 1/2 cup raisin
- Mix nuts for topping
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C. Liberally grease an 8″ loaf pan with cooking spray and line the bottom.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and brown sugar until creamy, about 1 minute. Beat in the eggs and pumpkin and beat to combine. Add in the spices, baking powder, baking soda and flour and mix to combine, careful not to overmix. Mix in raisin. Mixture may be slightly lumpy; this is okay! Overmixing will lead to tough bread.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth out the top. Sprinkle mix nuts on top.
- Bake for approx. 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean or with moist, not wet, crumbs. Cool for at least 20 minutes before inverting on a wire rack to cool completely, or let cool completely in the pan. Cut into slices!
Recipe adapted from Pintres