Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cuppumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 120g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C. Hsnd mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt cinnamon, for 20 seconds, set aside.
- whisk 2 eggs together with granulated sugar + brown sugar until no lumps remain. Add canola oil whisk well, Mix in pumpkin and vanilla.
- slowly add in flour mixture and mix until combined, don’t over mix
- Divide batter among 16 paper lined muffins cups, filling each about 2/3. Bake in preheated oven 20 – 24 minutes until toothpick inserted into cupcake comes out clean. Cool in muffin tin several minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
- For the cream cheese frosting:
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, whip together cream cheese and butter until smooth and fluffy. Mix in vanilla and powdered sugar and whip until light and fluffy (at this point I recommend freezing or chilling frosting in refrigerator for a bit, returning to mixer and stirring occasionally, for a more stable consistency). Pipe or spread frosting over cupcakes then store in refrigerator in an airtight container. Bring nearly to room temp before serving.