300 g caster sugar
280 gall-purpose flour
50g unsweetened cocoa powder (I’m using regular)
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 large egg (approx. 55 g)
2-3 very ripe large banana – mashed with fork
240 ml warm water
120 ml milk
120 ml vegetable oil
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
250g semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
120 ml heavy whipping cream (i use fresh milk)
20 gunsalted butter
Makes a 24 x 24 square grease n lined cake tin
Preheat oven to 170°C
1. In a large bowl, add in flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and baking soda and mix well. Set aside.
2.In another medium bowl, add in mashed banana, egg, milk, warm water, oil, vanilla extract and mix well.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix gently, until just combined. Do not over mix or the cake will be tough.
4. Pour the watery batter into a greased 24 x 24 square cake tin or sheet pan and bake for 25 mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
5. Prepare the chocolate ganache by melting the 3 ingredients in a microwave or in a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water.
- Adapted from http://www.bearnakedfood.com/2015/07/17/easy-banana-chocolate-sheet-cake/