Yellow glutinous rice
500g glutinous rice
1tbsp turmeric powder
1 pc tamarind peel (asam keping)
1tsp salt or to taste
250ml coconut milk + 200 ml water
A few pandan leaves
Some white peppercon
1. Soak rice in just enough water to cover, along with turmeric powder and tamarind peel for 4hours.
2. Drain and rinse once. Mix rice with peppercorn.
3. Steam the rice over high heat for about 20mins (without adding water).
4. Stir salt till dissolved in coconut water, and add 1/2 to the just cooked rice, mix and stir well.
5. Steam the rice again over high heat for another 15mins. Add the other 1/2 of coconut milk. Stir n mix well
6. Steam another 5-10 min.
7. Serve with wild boar kari. Enjoy! ^^
Recipe adapted from Nasi Lemak Lover. Tq