- 3 big overripe bananas ( i use 5 medium)
- 125 millilitres vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 100 grams soft light brown sugar (i use fine sugar)
- 225 grams plain flour
- 3 tablespoons best-quality cocoa powder (sifted)
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Chocolate chips or walnut (optional)
- Preheat the oven 170 degree n line 10 muffin paper in muffin tin.
- Mash the bananas by hand. Still beating and mashing, add the oil followed by the eggs and sugar.
- Mix the flour, cocoa powder and bicarb together n sifted. Gently mix to wet ingredients. Don’t over mix.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15–20 minutes, by which time the muffins should be dark, rounded and peeking proudly out of their cases. Allow to cool slightly in their tin before removing to a wire rack.
Note: adapted n modified from Nigella Lawson’s banana chocolate muffin recipe