- 1/2 cup cooked mashed pumpkin
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 60g soften butter
- 1 egg
- Enough full-fat milk
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking piwder
- 1/2 baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nugmet
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 170 C fan-forced.
- Sift all dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar.
- Add the egg and pumpkin, mix well. fold in dry ingredients and make them to through. Only add milk if needed.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface, flour your hands and pat it out to about 2-3cm thickness.
- Use a floured, round cookie cutter to cut out rounds and place them on the tray so they are just touching.
- Gently pat any excess dough together then let it rest a few minutes and pat out and cut out more circles.
- Bake the scones for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- Enjoy with butter and jam.