4 egg yolks
40 gm. Castor sugar
1/4 tsp. Salt
a drop of pink rose colouring
160 gm. Fresh Strawberries – puree until fine
60 gm. corn oil
120 gm. Superfine flour
1 tsp. Baking powder
5 Egg white
1/2 tsp. Cream of Tartar
70 gm. Castor sugar
(1) Mix the egg yolks with sugar and stir until well mixed.
(2) Add in corn oil, strawberry puree and stir till well-mixed. Add in flour and baking powder and stir until smooth . Add in pink colouring and strawberry emulco.
(3) Beat egg white with cream of tartar and while egg white is beating, pour in sugar gradually and beat till stiff.
(4) Fold egg white with the egg yolk mixture and pour into a greaseless 23 cm or 25 cm tube pan and bake at 150-160C for about 50-55 mins.
(5) When cake is done, remove from oven and overturn the cake onto a wire rack until cool. Remove from pan. Serve.
Note : i sprinkle some cocoa powder in between batter to bring some flovor.
Recipe adapted from : http://pinkielollipop.blogspot.com/2009/09/strawberry-chiffon-cake-recipe.html