Saturday is an experimental FUN TIME! Inspired from the Topo Map Cake, i tried to modified my Fruity Butter Cake (link : https://abbiecooking.wordpress.com/2013/05/16/fruity-butter-cake/) recipe & try to use more natural color. Green tea, Pumpkin & Blue flower + 1 drop of pink rose color.
Recipe modified from: Anncoo Journal
180g fine sugar
1 tsp Vanilla extract + 1 tbl raspberry rum
4 Large eggs
230g Plain flour + 1 tsp baking powder
1 tbl of cocoa powder to divide the batter color
Color : 1 tsp green tea powder + 1 tbs water, 2 tbsp pumpkin puree & 8-10 blue flower + 1tbl water to extract color +1 drop of pink rose color.
1. Grease mould with butter.
2. Sift plain flour & B. powder and set aside.
3. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy at medium speed.
4. Add vanilla extract & rum, mix till combined.
5. Add eggs one at a time making sure to beat well after each addition.
6. Stop machine and fold in flour in 3 batches with a rubber spatula, fold well.
7. Devide batter into 3 bowls. mix with color. Pour 1 batter into the cake mould, sprinklea thin layer of cocoa powder, add another layer & repeat the step.
8. Bake at preheated oven 150-160C for about 40-50 minutes.
9. Leave cake to cool in mould.