Basic lemon Sponge Cake
(recipe source: by Sonia & modified from Nasi Lemak Lover)
*make a 7” round cake tin
4 egg yolks (large)
20g caster sugar
50ml corn oil
50ml lemon juice + 1 tsp lemon zest
90g all purpose flour + 20g corn flour +1 tsp baking powder-sieved 2X
4 egg white (large)
1/4tsp lemon juices or 1/4tsp cream of tartar
60g caster sugar
1. Lightly whisk egg yolk with sugar.
2. Add in corn oil and lemon juice, stir to combine.
3. Add in flour, mix well, set aside.
4. Add lemon juices into egg white, beat till foamy.
5. Gradually add in sugar, beat till stiff peaks (十分发 / 硬性发泡)~ (hand mixer speed 3 takes about 5mins)
6. Take 1/3 portion of egg white mixture and use hand whisk to mix with egg yolk mixture till light.
7. Fold the balance of egg white mixture into egg yolk mixture, combine well.
8. Pour batter into the lined pan, bake at pre-heated oven at 140c for 25mins (at lower rack), then increase to 160C (at lower rack) and continue to bake for 30mins. leave to complete cold before assemble.
B. Whipped Cream: Cover and chill the bowl and whisk in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes. When chilled, whip the cream just until stiff peaks form. In a large mixing bowl place the whipping cream, vanilla extract, and sugar and stir to combine
C Lemon custard
fine sugar 60 g
lemon juice 65 g
butter 45 g
1）Mix all ingredients accept butter，beat in the bowl on the water bath till foamy and slightly thick, leave from heat & sieve.
2） Add butter n back to water bath, continue to stir until very thick. leave the heat & set aside to cool.
Devide cake into half, spread whipped cream & lemon custard. Decorate with anything you like. i use the orange slices & strawberry Santa.