A. Sponge swiss roll –
Preheat the oven 170°C
- Line a large swiss roll tin with greaseproof paper lightly greased.
- Whisk the 4 eggs and 80g sugar using hand mixer on the shimmer water bath until thick and fluffy
- Gently fold in the sieved 80g flour/ 25g cocoa
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake in the centre of the oven for 10mins (until firm to touch)
- Remove from the oven and turn the sponge onto a sheet of greaseproof paper pre-sprinkled with caster sugar
- Spread with Choc saurce
- Roll up firmly and spread whipped cream on top & scratch with folk to make the tree grain. decorate with any Christmas fill deco.
B. Whipped Cream: Cover and chill the bowl and whisk in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes. When chilled, whip the cream just until stiff peaks form. In a large mixing bowl place the whipping cream, vanilla extract, and sugar and stir to combine.
C. Chocolate sauce – 50-80ml fresh milk or heavy cream, 50g butter & 200-250g semi sweet chocolate. 1 tsp Baleys Cream or vanilla extract (optional), melt on double boil & serve warm.