160g Glutinous rice flour
10g Tapioca flour (i replace with wheat starch)
80-100g Pandan water (boil 300g water with 2 pieces pandan leaves)
100g Gula melaka (palm sugar) ~ diced (try to get finer pcs)
150g White grated coconut (mix with 1 pinch of salt)
- Cut pumpkin in wedges. Steam pumpkin till soft and mash with a fork.
- In a large bowl mix glutinous rice flour, wheat starch and mashed pumpkin together, slowly add 80g pandan water into it and knead to a smooth dough. If dough is too dry add a little more pandan water into it or little more flour if it is too wet.
- Pinch dough into small ball (about 10g), slightly press flat and fill with gula melaka and roll into smooth ball again.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil (add some pandan leaf) and drop the little dough balls into it.
- When they float to the surface and let it boil for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove them with a slotted spoon and shake off excess water.
- Roll the cooked glutinous balls over the white grated coconut.
recipe adapted from http://www.anncoojournal.com/2011/10/ondeh-ondeh.html