Cooks in 60 minute Serves 8-10
190g fine sugar
5 tbsp Natural yoghurt
1 tsp Vanilla extract
4 Large eggs
200g Plain flour
40g corn flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
cocoa powder 1 tbsp
instant coffee 1 tsp
rasberry rum 1 tsp (optional)
1. Grease 8″ square mould with butter.
2. Sift all flour together and set aside.
3. disolve cocoa powder & instant coffee with 1 tbsp of hot water
4. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy at medium speed.
5. Add 5 tbsp natural yoghurt and vanilla extract, mix till combined.
6. Add eggs one at a time making sure to beat well after each addition.
7. Stop machine and fold in flour in 3 batches with a rubber spatula, fold well.
8. take about 1/3 of batter & mix with the cocoa mixture & mix well.
9. Spoon the alternate batter into mould. stir a bit with chop stick to make marbling. Bake at preheated oven 160C for about 50 minutes.
11. Leave cake to cool in mould.