(12” x 12”) square pan
Swiss Roll sponge
4 egg yolks (large)
40g corn oil
20g caster sugar
70g cake flour
1tsp Cointreau- orange-flavoured liqueur (optional), or replace with vanilla extract
4 egg white (large)
1/2tsp lemon juices, optional
50g caster sugar
15pcs pickled Sakura
120g whipping cream (dairy)
35g caster sugar
Note : recipe adapted from nasilemaklover.blogspot
1. Put the pickled Sakura in a bowl, cover with enough water, leave it for 2hrs or more, to reduce the salt from the Sakura.
2. Drain the Sakura and discard the water. Also very lightly squeeze the water using finger.
3. Dust little cake flour on pickled sakura, arrange on the pan that line with parchment paper.
4. Lightly whisk egg yolk with sugar.
5. Add in corn oil, stir to combine.
6. Add in water and Contreau, combine well.
7. Add in cake flour, mix well, set aside.
8. Add lemon juices into egg white, beat till foamy.
9. Gradually add in sugar, beat till stiff peaks.
10. Take 1/3 portion of egg white mixture and use hand whisk to mix with egg yolk mixture till light.
11. Fold the balance of egg white mixture into egg yolk mixture, combine well.
12. Pour batter into the pan and bake at pre-heated oven at 160C (at middle rack) for 25mins. Remove cake from pan and cool down on wire rack till cool completely.