400g plain flour
1/4 (heaped) tsp salt (i omit)
280g cold, unsalted butter (i used 250g)
3 egg yolks, beated
3 tbsp cold water (i did not use, as the dough was wet enough)
6 tbsp icing sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract (i omit)
Egg wash, 1 egg yolk + 1tbsp water (can add a bit bit coloring as not very golden)
1. Sift flours, icing sugar and salt (if using). Mix well to combine
2. Cut cold butter into small pieces and rub into the flour using finger tips (original use fork)
3. Add liquids slowly into the butter and flour mixture to form dough. (Do not knead)
4. Chill in the fridge for about 10mins, covered.
5. Rolled out to desired thickness and cut out using cutter.
6. Top with ball of pineapple jam (mine is around 10g each), press in slightly.
7. Egg wash pastry portion
Bake 160degree C for 20mins, do not overbake or the pineapple jam will be dry