Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Makes one 8-inch (23 cm) round cake
4 large eggs, at room temperature
1 cup (8 oz / 250 g) granulated sugar
1 cup (8 fl oz / 250 ml) milk, at room temperature
1 cup (8 fl oz / 250 ml) oil (corn, vegetable or canola is fine)
2 cups (10 oz / 300 g) all-purpose flour
1/3 teaspoon vanilla powder
1 tablespoon (equals 3 teaspoons) baking powder (if not available, substitute with 1 teaspoon baking soda)
2 tsp dark cocoa powder
2 tsp of red yeast
2 tsp of green tea powder
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs and sugar. Using a hand-held electric mixer or wire whisk beat until the mixture is creamy and light in color
2. Add milk and oil, and continue beating until well blended.
3. In a separate bowl, combine and mix flour, vanilla powder and baking powder. Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and beat just until the batter is smooth and the dry ingredients are thoroughly incorporated.
4. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions. Keep one portion plain. Add cocoa, green tea & red yeast powder into separate bowl mix well.
5. Preheat the oven to (160C).
6. Lightly grease the pan with oil. If you don’t have non-stick baking pan, grease whatever pan you have then line it with parchment paper (baking paper).
7. The most important part is assembling the cake batter in a baking pan. This is what you do. Scoop 3 heaped tablespoons of plain batter (you can also use a ladle that would hold 3 tablespoons) into the middle of the baking pan. Then scoop 3 tablespoons of color batter and pour it in the center on top of the plain batter, repeat steps till finish batter.
8. Bake in the oven for about 40-50 minutes
Note : recipe modified from AZ cooking